Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Necromancer - WIP

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
TaulNotShort polycounter lvl 5
After my last project I wanted to do something original and a little more out of my comfort zone, so I settled on a Lady Necromancer and a zombie to accompany her!
Gathered refs on Pure ref for both her and her undead follower below
Since I started this quite a while ago I do have progress images of the first few rounds of iteration on her design. 
First pass: very blocky with notes on what else I wanted to add and the direction I wanted to go with the undead's look.
Second pass: A little more refinement on both designs and possibly figuring out colors and hair style
Third pass:  Started to spend more time on the necromancer since she's supposed to be the focus. Added the netting at this point over the skirt and started to work on secondary details and proportions.Fourth: Worked more on her face and solidifying details on clothing and jewelry
Will add a few more progress pics in another post because this one is getting quite long! :)

Replies

• TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After getting some feedback from friends and fam I made even more tweaks to her face, fixed some anatomy errors that stood out to me, and started to add tears and rips to her clothes so it doesn't look so clean!After those edits I added pores, creases, and asymmetry to her face! I also made a quick little dagger too so she can have a prop to hold! At this point I really put her friend on the back burner, but my hope is that once I slap on some really basic textures I can go back and work on him a little more.her final look :3 so far I'm pretty pleased with her design! Hopefully I can pull it off when I get to rendering and posing!
  • Piemaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piemaster greentooth
    I'm loving this progress so far, looking forward to seeing more! 
  • TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message