Home Career & Education

Render Hub is a scam

Let me say that I'm disappointed that my account ( SyncDaz ) has been blocked without reason and that the support team has been unresponsive to my inquiries. That is certainly not the level of service that I expected at RenderHub.

So. I accused Render Hub of stealing the earnings of freelance artists.

Let's start at the beginning.

I was blocked without explanation and all my earnings were taken by the platform's administrators. In hope to login or restore my account was only an error, and support just ignore me. They took away my connection to my customers and took away their support too. That's nasty.
And of course, this is not the first time that the platform has been accused of mistreating its users. Freelance artists have reported issues with delayed payments, poor customer support, and inconsistent policies.
This story serves as a cautionary tale for any freelance artists working on Render Hub or similar platforms. You can be tricked at any moment and your whole life will collapse in one day. Don't hesitate to speak out and seek justice. We stand united against the injustice that has been done to us by Render Hub. We have been mistreated, our hard-earned earnings have been taken away, and our voices have been silenced. But we will not be silenced any longer.

We are a community of talented and hard-working artists, and we deserve to be treated with respect and fairness. We have the right to access our earnings, to receive clear and transparent communication from the platforms we use, and to be protected from unprofessional and unethical behavior.

Render Hub has failed us on all these fronts.

If you and other artists have been treated similarly by the Render Hub, write about it here!
https://www.renderhub.com/

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welcome to Polycount. 
    I don’t really have a solution for you if the site is not forthcoming, except to advise to learn from the experience.

I would advise creatives to diversify across multiple online stores, and backup your work. It’s kind of similar to stories we see all the time, when someone’s hard drive starts failing and destroys their art files. 3-2-1 backup strategy is proven solution (3 copies, on 2 different local devices, plus 1 cloud).

Same basic idea can be said for marketplaces. Any one site can block a user, either accidentally or with cause, or with no cause at all.

Good luck, and hope you bounce back soon.
  • ToyHuman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah man, Render Hub may have axed you because of you take other artists' work and PORT it for other uses. That's copyright infringement. Trust me. My buds and I got in trouble with Disney last year because we create a near perfect likeness of Daisey Ridley as Rey from the WARS and then distributed it through our Patreon. They learned of it about two months later, and demanded Patreon update their rules about copyrighted materials, such as likenesses in our case, and then killed our account. You do great work but seriously you should sell yourself as an artist and have benefactors who support you monetarily rather than customers buying something that is technically NOT your's. This same should go for 3DUK--who magically STILL has a Renderhub account active. Just FYI.