Home Unreal Engine

Create more inclusively with Elias Wick - Color Blindness [FREE ASSETS]

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
EliasWick polycounter lvl 9
Greetings!

Since my early teens, I have had a desire to assist, aid, and promote fairness for those who are at a disadvantage in the world. Although the world has started to think more about people with CVD, I strongly believe that we still have a long way to go in terms of inclusivity and equality. As a technical artist in the game industry, I am committed to utilizing my skills to create games that are accessible and enjoyable for everyone, regardless of their abilities or circumstances.

In recent years, I have seen a positive shift in the gaming industry towards creating more diverse and inclusive content. However, there is still much work to be done, and I am dedicated to doing my part in making sure that everyone is represented and given a voice in the games we create. I believe that games have the power to bring people together, to educate, and to inspire change. It is my hope that through my work, I can contribute to a more equitable and just world for all.

My area of expertise lies in Unreal Engine 5, a prominent engine utilized by millions worldwide for game development, video production, movie-making, rendering, and other forms of visual content creation. By the end of last year I spent a few months researching and designing a tool for game developers to visualize how people with CVD view the world. You can access the tool I developed at the following link: https://elias-wick.com/portfolio/shaders/material-functions/color-blindness.

It is available for free and can be used by anyone. If you could share this tool with your community, it would be greatly appreciated as it may help a small group of individuals become more aware.

I wish you all a fantastic start on the week!

Replies