Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Knight - Artstation challenge refugee

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Tairow polycounter lvl 11
I've been out of clients for a while  :/ so I've decided to create a new portfolio piece with all the bells and whistles I can, I was divided between doing a soldier or a knight and the new Medieval Artstation Challenge was just what I was trying to do since Brazil can't participate (as we aren't punished enough...) I decided to do on my own with no rush (just a bit cause I need work) and trying to do something cool!

I've decided to work on a knight concept from the artist Yuhong Ding 

The idea is to create a character with clean and great topology and UVs and render at UE5. The sword, shield and helmet will have a kinda of a fast unfolding equipping animation 

I'll try to use symmetry where I can and and use marvelous at the hood and cape to polish my Marvelous skills. It will be a tough character and it will take some work but I'm sure I can hammer something cool out of it. I'm mostly worried about the animated gear as its not something I ever done before. 

I hope I can make a great portfolio piece out of it and maybe get a job so I will call this project the Blizzard hire me Knight.

I'm always open to any feedback and ideas, the UE part will be tough work so I take all the help I can get. I'll try to keep a good pace and hope you like the result. 

Replies