Home Adobe Substance

Multiple mesh maps in a single slot

Sani
node
Offline / Send Message
Sani node

Hi. This is my first time working using Udim Workflow. For my model I use 1 material with 2 Udims (uv tiles) and for each of them I need a mesh map in SP. When I bake mesh maps inside SP, they are automatically distributed to the slots in the mesh maps tab and each mesh map has the number 2, which means that 2 textures are used in a slot at once. The problem is that after the baking, on mesh maps appear some artifacts, that can be easily fixed in photoshop, but when exporting from SP, each of the mesh maps is divided into 2 textures that can not be placed in 1 slot manually after importing back in SP. Is there any way to place more than one texture in 1 mesh map slot so that the corrected maps can be placed in the project? Or in this case, the artifacts are fixed (although only partially) in SP itself, without the use of third-party applications?

Replies

• seb3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d polycounter lvl 11

First of all: imo it´s never a good idea to start fixing those kind of artifacts in ps. find out why it happens! i.e. i find ao gets artifacts if you disable "relative to bounding box" in the ao bake settings.

if you still want to paint over your map in ps just save both tiles with the same udim naming conventions (name.1011.ext, name.1012.ext) and import them as textures. they will be recognized as 1 texture with to tiles which can be placed in 1 slot.

• Sani
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sani node