Home General Discussion

Site styling

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We’ve looked into Discourse, but run into issues porting our massive multi-TB database. It may still happen though if we can get the time to do it properly.

I thought the Ctrl cursor skipping thing came up before, I’ll have to dig around.

The font displays are difficult to override on my end, but I can keep trying things. I find it annoying too.

What if we renamed the Animation section to be Animation & VFX or something? We also have the Tech Artist WAYWO section in Tech Talk, but I agree it’s a bit buried.
  • SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    We also have the Tech Artist WAYWO section in Tech Talk, but I agree it’s a bit buried.
    I think to post WIP the Technical Talk or WAYWO is already a good place but for posting finished VFX/TechArt it's a bit hard find a place. Because I'd expect that finished stuff should only go into "Showcase"-Sections....hm....or would you say that the Thread should just to into "Technical Talk" with a name like "[FINISHED] My Super Vfx"?

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3D Showcase is certainly a valid place for 3d vfx. Honestly though I’d support you posting this wherever you like!

FrankPolygon gets a lot of traffic in his Sketchbook thread, as one example.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    anyone else finding that some threads just can't be replied to sometimes?  

chrome on desktop and mobile.  it doesn't seem to be consistent
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've seen this too. I was able to fix it by reloading the page. You can also delete any saved Drafts you might have for the thread, in case those are freezing you out.
    https://polycount.com/drafts
  • Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Oh that was it, I had a draft for this thread =) thanks