Home Technical Talk

Maya Viewport Not Updating on it's own

Hey, It's my second week learning the Maya and I have this weird problem which I thought was Mayas Classic "crashy" behavior but when I asked in several discord servers they all told me that this is weird and might be my hardware issue.

Once I start the grooming everything is fine but after some time like 30 min or sometimes randomly it stops reacting when I'm selecting the guides it does nothing but when I move the camera it updates my selection so it's like frozen until I move the camera, and also hair is not visible at this time nothing really works properly even if I try to close the whole program it doesn't react until I end it with Task manager, After some time hair appears and after that it starts acting normally so it's really weird.... idk maybe there's something with Hair preview calculation? Looking forward to get help :(( I really wanna learn more and more about grooming but this just doesn't even let me work properly.

I Uploaded the video so you can see exactly what the issue is (hair appears at the end of the video)

First I thought it was Xgen bugging the Maya but It does same while modeling, posted on autodesk forums no answer :( I hope someone can help me out here ! Have a great day guys.