Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Finally finished my very first Model

I started learning Blender by modeling a motherboard initially, mostly because its simple geometry in most cases, giving me a good chance to practice some basic hotkeys, but I sort of just kept going until I arrived here.

So now I have a full PC modeled, with only 3 textures and basic geometry because I wanted to also import it into VR, so this entire PC has 249k tris( 92k for the entire Motherboard combo, with CPU, RAM and two NVME SSDs, 58k for the GPU, 49k for the PSU and cables and 44.5k for the Case and CPU Cooler). A friend recommended I post this here so I'm curious what you guys have to say ^-^

Replies

• YairMorr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YairMorr polygon

As a first model, this looks great! Judging by the wireframe, it looks very detailed on the inside. The grills look awesome.

What I would emphasize on next is the presentation - your model is worth nothing if it's not presented well. I'd go over a few tutorials on lighting and rendering, a bit of composition, color theory, camera setup etc. Your goal is to use lighting to present your model as best as possible from different angles and add a few wireframe shots to show your topology.

I'd love to see some more renders!

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

put a light or rgb lights inside so we can see everything but pretty cool otherwise.

• nexussim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nexussim polygon

Yah, I definitely agree with YairMorr and iam717. Since you put in all that effort, you want to be able to see inside the case and show off what you made. Looks a lot better than my first project did haha!

• PONEKO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Due to surprisingly popular demand, more angles and more wireframes! :D

I did try my hand at better lighting, and instead of several point lights inside the PC, I now have a single Emissive material and a single light in the bottom of the case. Quick reminder that things look a bit rough in certain spots because this is mostly optimized for VR