Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Review

Hello there. I am a junior 3D artist that has no professional experience and want to jump into the industry. Either Movies/Animation or Videogames.

I did a Master degree in 3D Arts and a few courses here and there, that's my background. I've been getting a couple of interviews but those were rejected due to lack of experience in the field. Is my portfolio that bad? Average? What can I do to increase my chances? Some says it is good others says it's quite bad.

My goal is to be a hard surface/prop/environment artist. At the moment I am working in a new environment shot.

https://www.artstation.com/calzimer

Thanks so much, be as honest as you want

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Take my c&c with the grainiest of salts, i do not do what you do but can C&C what i can see as long as their is a ref, marked.

Comfy Place: would've like to have seen the lighting from that reference, i get (i think why you didn't copy 1:1) but at least the lighting, its nicely lit (the reference) - You did better here: "Kitchen" with lighting.

rocks: maybe update the stuff, but looks alright.

Course material studies are really good, you seem to enjoy them, maybe continue with that stuff, if you really like it.

/off topic but important to you all, unrelated but bout hair usually people think its cool to do things to the "hairs" but could they be more than just "dead cells"? if it is attached to the brain at all and your body ABSORBS anything (nearly) then you are self poisoning in a way aren't you? sure maybe once and twice is not a big deal (i think it is) but eventually will cause "issues", down the road, hair loss is probably a big one. I never did the color changing stuff so idk. just a heads up if you care to be concerned about it, just informing not telling you what to do just, if i was you i'd like to know BEFORE i continued down this road. Why post this, trying to care...if its true i'd want to know.

All the best to all anyway, hopefully more come around to help you out. //can also ignore all this.