Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback on Snowy UE5 Environment & Props

I've been working on this small environment for a couple of days, mashing the environment together using megascan assets and textures.

The main shot of the scene is:

I did model the sword, just haven't gone around texturing it just yet. I do plan on modeling a few more assets for this scene. I had purchased this SnowfallVFX for the particle system. I do like it but need to figure out how to make it more blurry, it looks a bit too clean.

(Model on the right was originally the place holder for the scene until I created the actual sword.)

Scene Shots:

As I mentioned before, its a small scene, the cinecamera won't be recording anywhere close to the edges of the landscape. I would like to hear any honest criticism, anything I can work on and improve.

At the moment from myself, I can see myself tweaking some of the post processing settings, or the exponential height fog. I am not getting the result I want from the height fog. Possible snow plumps to add some depth to the scene.. etc.

Replies

• simonBreumier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    simonBreumier greentooth

this is a nice start :)

I think you could add some elements around the sword to:

- make a visual handshake with the ground: a crack decal maybe, or a snow pile where it sits. Ask yourself, how it got there: was it planted brutally, pushing some snow around it ?

- Add some story telling and make it a focus point:Feels like right now, we could run accross this valley and pass across the sword without noticing it. Play with light, make it brighter where the sword sits, maybe add some rocks surounding it to create a focus, or some contrast: something like having snow everywhere except where the sword is. The sword is pretty small compared to all your other assets so I think it needs a bit of composition to draw attention to it.

For the snow flakes, I would make them smaller and not just blurrier, their scale doesn't seem to fit with the rest of your scene.