Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Nadja

Hello!

I recently picked up an old character again. This 3D character is based on the concept of Fabio Cacciola: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L94gK

Almost done with the blockout. Still some cloth parts and pockets missing. For the smaller pockets I'm gonna sculpt just one and will dublicate it for the ones on the belt.

This will also be my first time creating haircards (sculpted blockout for proportion purposes in ZBrush) and also placing them. Detailing the ripped jeans is the next step I'm working on together with detailing the boots.

For the pants and the bra I did a cloth simulation which I discarded early. The pants are really tight on the skin (except some folds here and there). For both I extracted the parts that I masked out and did a ZRemesh for a cleaner sculpting topolgy. Almost every part from the WIP shot underneath is a clean mesh with multiple sub-division levels and sculpting on top.

Feedback welcome!

WIP Shots

References

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Nice work.

The legs seem short. Its a question of taste but the posture is meh. The boots are not really correct: looking a bit symmetrical (for each boot). The folds on the costume are not descriptive. The leg shape under the trousers looks quite weak. It would be worth learning how to use MD before dismissing it I reckon.

• Celinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey thanks for your feedback!

Yeah the legs could be a bit longer, now that I think about it. What exactly do you mean by posture? The neck/ upper back area or what in particular? Could you explain what you meant by "looking a bit symmetrical (for each boot)"?

(In my opinion) there is no point in simulating the cloth for the pants since there are almost no folds. There are only some in the back of the knee and where the cloth is plugged inside the boots and even then - wouldn't be worth the time and effort since it's still the skinny type of jeans. You are right when you meant that the folds could use some work. Still a WIP ;)

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Hi.

Yeah, I can only say how it looks to me. Not how the model is or isnt. The feet have no real instep. I miss the form. If you push the pelvis forward a little it will help ground the model. I miss the anatomical shape of the legs. In your ref wall above the model with skinny jeans has alot of shape and some great folds and creases.

You can use an app like Daz (free) to orbit around on a screen next to you for reference. The models are textured but you can set them to grey, and you can change weight, posture, anyhow a lot of parameters. Its really good to use in combo with your photo ref.