Home Career & Education

Is my portfolio good enough to find a job?

DivAndromeda
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
DivAndromeda polycounter lvl 2

Hi!

I'm 18.

For about 3 months it will be 1 year since I have started learning 3D art.

I will finish my school in about 1 month and I there's no way I can get into a any college cause I'm simply too poor to afford it. I tried to learn some stuff by myself (mostly modeling, sculpting and texturing). And since December I created a lot of projects and gathered the best one on my ArtStation. I really want to get into game industry as Character/Prop artist but I have no idea about my skills so far. Is there someone over here that have some time to spend to review my current portfolio and share some tips how to get a job?

Here's a link:

https://divine_andromeda.artstation.com/

Here's img's in case you don't want to use the link.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range

Not yet. Your faces need a lot more work in terms of your knowledge of anatomy, to speak nothing of the smaller details like wrinkles, skin pores, etc.

Whatever Highpoly model you're baking from, that HP model is incredibly wobbly and not polished/clean most of the time. The knight character and the Skippy smart pistol are good examples of this sloppiness.

Those are the two big things you can improve on right now.

You're definitely capable of doing certain other types for props competently, but it doesn't look like you're trying to be an environment artist since you have no environment art.

• kikix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

What you've got so far looks amazing, keep it up!!