Home General Discussion

GDC 2022 Slava Ukraini Charity Comedy Show for the Ukrainian Humanitarian Fund

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/slava-ukraini-charity-comedy-show-tickets-300877220867?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Discount Code cuz ya'll got me a job somehow: anton

POLYCOUNT FAM BAM

I'm hosting/producing a comedy show for game developers showing up to GDC.

Most of the money will go to the Ukrainian Humanitarian Fund, after the venue, comics, and promoter get their stipend covered.

Please come and support a great cause and let's see if we can sort of dent this refugeee crisis.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/slava-ukraini-charity-comedy-show-tickets-300877220867?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Just saiyan, Hayden Wu says he's coming.

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you to @pianofightsf@emilyvandyke765@mwillyumz@ianlevyverified@therealjalisa for helping us all raise $1740 for the UN Ukranian Humanitarian Fund during @official_gdc week 2022!

And YOU, anyone who decided to come drink AND laugh with us at the show.

If there's anything to know about me, is I am at my one of my cores an angry person, especially if BS like being invaded for no good reason happens to Ukraine. And while this is a dent in the larger effort to support (indirectly or directly) colleagues, friends, and people we care about in Ukraine, I'm very thankful for everyone who believed in this pretty quick reaction effort to at least try to do something and maybe get some nice laughs stuck in there somewhere.

God bless everyone who came out and help supported this charity effort, the comedians who lent their time to perform with us, and Rob Ready and the gang at PianoFight for taking this on in such short notice! Special thanks to @andrew_orofolo for booking assistance! And @karidoyanescomedy for budget consultation. I hope to be back next year again during more peaceable times and stronger guffaws for my geeky obsessed colleagues that come to SF for this conference.

#slavaukraine