Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"La bigoun" - UE5 seashore scene WIP

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
simonBreumier greentooth

During my last hollidays, I went crazy and took hundreds of photos of rocks and trees at a beach close to my home, to make a bit of photogrammetry.

I was using a bad camera so I didn't get any quality assets but the noises I got from the texture were surprisingly interesting.

So I decided to use them to create custom brushes in Zbrush (using the raw Height or AO or Curvature I got from baking) and also to texture rocks by blending them in different ways (using tileable versions of those textures I did using photoshop/painter).

Since the result wasn't so bad, I made a bunch of other assets and used that occasion to try UE5 and make that scene:

closer view. Most the vegetation comes from Quixel, except for the pine trees (made with TreeIt, used one of my photogrametry experiment for the bark texture).

The statue was inspired from a statue close to Pors-poulhan in bretagne. it was sculpted in Zbrush, retopo in blender and textured in painter:

Here's a shot of one of the rocks I sculpted

and the brushes/texture I got from my photogrammetry experiment:

Needless to say I got myself a descent photogrammetry course and intend to have lot more fun with this in the future 🤗

Critiques are welcomed on the scene or any of the assets!