We have posted a small sample of the positions available at Tactic Studios. Please see https://www.tacticstudios.com/careers.php for all available positions.
We are looking for a talented 3D Animator to join our team and bring characters to life for a brand new IP published by Square Enix. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated animator with a combination of technical skills and the ability to create engaging, lifelike character animations.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Create full body animations for in game character actions and real-time cinematics.
- Create compelling and expressive facial animations.
- Work with animation programmers to create realistic, yet functional game-ready actions.
- Modify animations based on artistic or technical feedback.
- Expertise creating 3D animations in 3DS Max or Maya.
- Keen understanding of how to create first person and third person gameplay animations.
- Comfortable creating a full sets of movement animations for biped humans, quadripeds, birds, and a variety of other creatures.
- Comfortable producing cinematics that involve interactions between multiple characters.
- Able to produce a full range of facial expressions and realistic lip synchronization using morph targets / blend shapes.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Familiarity with motion capture hardware and software.
- Experience with Motionbuilder.
- Experience using modern 3D game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Experience with rigging, skinning, and scripting.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating several character animations you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to [email protected], subject "3D Animator".