Home Technical Talk

Texel density and number of UV sets on a Model

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Realextalk polycounter lvl 6
Hi !

I have a question which is making me crazy. I have the part of the answer I think but it would be great if somebody help me.

I want to create Weapons for FPS games. And I'm struggling with the texturing part. I don't really know how I can choose the number of UV set I need to use. Then how to set the texel density.

If someone can help me with that it would be soooo great.

Thanks ! ( I know its a basic question but I really need to speak with other people to understand ) 

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    i would ask, what kind of game first? like i have no clue for weapons in call of duty. but say overwatch and valorant, those use a single texturesheet per weapon.

i'd search for ripped content and check it out, i am sure you will find the correct content online
  • Realextalk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Realextalk polycounter lvl 6
    Neox said:
    i would ask, what kind of game first? like i have no clue for weapons in call of duty. but say overwatch and valorant, those use a single texturesheet per weapon.

i'd search for ripped content and check it out, i am sure you will find the correct content online
    Hey @Neox

Thanks for the answer. The goal is to make Weapons and reach level of AAA FPS games like Call of Duty or Battlefield.