Home Technical Talk

does anybody know-rendering plugin in zbrush in the future?

focus_method
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
focus_method polycounter lvl 4
Hi,
i was wondering,
can we expect some rendering plugins for zbrush such as vray, or for example like substance has its Iray ?

Replies

• Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    can't you already use keyshot with zbrush?
  • neilberard
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    I doubt it since they have their own way of handling geo in the viewport (pixols) that probably wouldn't translate well for a 3rd party renderer. The alternative is exporting and rendering outside of Zbrush, like Keyshot.
  • focus_method
    Offline / Send Message
    focus_method polycounter lvl 4
    Ruz said:
    can't you already use keyshot with zbrush?
    i know but im just curious are they planing to make some changes about that, i think it's time. Ppl already flying to the moon.
    This process is slow when artist needs to export meshes to another apps for rendering.
    Zbrush needs to have render engine in itself, dont you agree?
    3d character artist needs to have a preview directly in the application where doing polypainting to see exactly how its gonna look like as final, isnt that logic?
  • oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    They should fix bugs and dont think abour rendering. An export does take less than a minute. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Also, polypaint is basically just vertex color. If they were to add a full renderer, they'd have to also add a full material system. It's quite a bit of work.
  • onionhead_o
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    If they ever make one. It will have new hotkeys and their own quirky system
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    The renderer in zBrush is pretty good as well as the BPR system. I only tested out Keyshot for a little while but was very impressed with it. Like oglu sed using it is pretty seamless and the quality high. Probably a standard 3D artist needs a swish renderer, but most of us never use it in zBrush as our interest lies in the form you can model/sculpt. I suspect a lot of members here rely on software like Quixel, Substance designer and Marmoset Toolbag to finalize their textures for games and realtime rendering. I wouldn't like to see them waste their time on expanding rendering capabilities.
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    Zbrush doesnt even have a real camera perspective, i have my doubts that a physical based render could even work with the data inside zbrush. If it has to convert it to run its own camera and stuff, you could easily just export