Home Marmoset

Can you not bake lightmaps in Marmoset?

I decided to get Marmoset Toolbag 4 today as I wanted a piece of software that is able to bake lighting into the textures. I know Substance painter does it but unfortunately you can only have 2 light sources. I specifically wanted Marmoset because you can add multiple light sources and such. However I'm starting to realize that there seems to be no way to actually bake said light sources.

Say if I make a lamp on a desk.. And I want that lamp to light the desk and such. I'd like to be able to bake the effects that the light and shadows have on the textures. I'm not going to be using Marmoset for renders but for realistically lighting scenes and then baking said lighting.

Can Marmoset not do that? I mean it seems pretty straight forward as software like Blender can do it and I'd consider Marmoset to be somewhat better at that sort of thing. If it can't do it then I'd be extremely surprised.. However I've watched some tutorials and cannot find anything on the matter.

If I can't do it then it would seem I just wasted money on something I won't otherwise use.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Light baking was supported in Toolbag 3. Unfortunately, there were fundamental changes to the ray tracing backend in Toolbag 4 that made it no longer possible to support. This is something that we may be able to add back in the future, however, R&D will be required and we do not have an ETA at this time.