Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] A little peace - Environment Art.

ZuiQuan
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
ZuiQuan polycounter lvl 8
Decided to post some of the progress from the scene I'm working on. The goal here is to make my own environment of my own design, including all separate assets. I wanted to practice creating a coherent space where everything fits together. So far, designing all of this has been fun. I only borrowed 3 or so materials for wood from Quixel Megascans, the rest of material and mesh work\design is mine. I use 3dsMax, UVLayout, Zbrush, SubstanceDesigner, and also Procreate for sketches and sometimes some color variation. There are different types of models and materials in the scene. Most are good-old low-poly to high-poly projections, but a few assets use multilayered shaders, some objects are vertex painted and some models have vertex weights. I did it this way to practice different technical approaches. Here's some of the stuff I've done so far:

Replies

• ZuiQuan
    Offline / Send Message
    ZuiQuan polycounter lvl 8
    Finally done with the table for the scene. Fumbled with it a bit, but otherwise managed to finish it quickly enough. The week's been busy though. Didnt' have as much time as I'd like. I'm satisfied with the overall result and design, but not too fond of the top ornaments on the claw-like parts. After I conformed to the claw-shapes underneath it lost too much volume and looks more flat than I would like. Still thinking that maybe I should just remove them entirely. Now need to make the low-poly, ofc. And then on to texturing.