Home Technical Talk

Tutorials for making saliva in ZBrush

DustyShinigami
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
DustyShinigami polycounter lvl 4
Hi

For a dinosaur sculpt I'm working on, I want to add some saliva dripping from some of the teeth, but I'm not quite sure how best to approach it. Someone did mention to me a method/tutorial of someone using ZSpheres and then ZSketch, but I can't find any tutorials related to what they suggested. I found this one - https://www.artstation.com/blogs/maddiemonster/j1P8/tutorial-zbrush-2021-cloth-dynamic-slime - but couldn't get the Cloth Dynamics/method to work properly, and that's more for covering an object in slime anyway. At the moment, I'm experimenting with ZSphere's, but I'm still a bit unsure with the results. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any tutorials for getting the kind of result I'm after. Can't seem to find much at the moment. I found this person's work - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qr2NgB - which shows the kind of thing I want to achieve. I did drop them a message asking them what method they used, but I've not had a reply as of yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    The linked example is pretty much just a straight up cylinder I think. If it wasn't modeled manually then, yeah, I'd bet on it being zspheres or even insertcurvetube. I don't think it'd really be more complex than the resulting mesh from either of those methods being smoothed a few times and move-tooled a little manually to feel a bit more weighted.

Sounds like you might be overthinking it?

Edit: for zspheres you probably wanna search like... zspheres rope, or something, if you don't know how to use them already. You just need to make the basic string-ish shape, so it doesn't have to be a tutorial for saliva specifically. If there is something you don't like about the results you're getting or something you don't understand, going over that here might help get more specific answers.
  • DustyShinigami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DustyShinigami polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, I guess, as usual, I am overthinking it a bit. ^^; Though I didn’t consider the InsertCurveTube brush, so I’ll give that a try next. :) I’ll have another play around. Thanks.