Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please someone point me in the right direction

I have this character "King Dice" that I'm working on for a school assignment, and at the current point I am at I feel like I am stuck with my level of knowledge on character modeling. I'd like him to look better all around but specifically I would like his clothes to have a more stylistic feel like how this Joker model has. For example, how can I attain the defined edges on the clothing and things like that, do I need to remodel my pieces or is there a way I can do it with a certain brush or tool. Because as you can see my clothing looks lumpy like snow wear so I'd like to remedy that so I could create a better product. Also King Dice's face, what can I add to make it look more aesthetically nice, what features should I exaggerate and what not to make it look nicer. Please rip this piece apart constructively so I can create something more impressive.

Attached is the link to the Joker
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/fortnite-joker-a319eb0eda8f4e45b9aff747f75c2dea

Replies

• hwaminjung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hwaminjung polycounter lvl 2
    Hmm, I think there are a few tips that could help you.
    First of all, you should also lower the polycount by a great amount, and gradually go up. This will keep the mesh controllable and have clean edges. You could even bring it to another modelling program and block it out to be extra precise.
    You can also work on the mesh as a plane, so you don't have to worry about thickness. I think if I was to make this, I would do that for the torso area. Once you are happy, you can then do an extrusion with something like Zmodeller.
    However, for the arms, you could alternatively use a solid cylinder. That would make the sculpting process a lot easier.
    One final thing I would do is split the coat into manageable parts as soon as possible. For this, I would split the arms from the body. That would again make it easier for you to sculpt the hard to reach spots like the armpits. You can always merge them back if you need to. 
    Hope that helped!