Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Ammonite Animated + Environment Video - UE5

Nano Pixel
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Nano Pixel polycounter lvl 6
Just wanted to share my current project - an ammonite that I've modelled and placed in a scene setup in UE5, using rock photogrammetry that I took while on holiday this year.

The particles and plants are from a free ocean pack from a year or so ago on the unreal marketplace. 

I wanted to spend more time on lighting, colour and composition with this so decided to use some of the background assets from elsewhere.

Heres a few screenshots of the process so far- 

Replies

• Nano Pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres where its up to now - 

Im currently rigging the ammonite to get some video outputs from this project too.
  • Nano Pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Im by no means an animator, so its taking a bit longer than i'd like to get an animation set together, especially making the tentacles look natural and less robotic as they currently are.

Anybody got any quick ways to get bones to have a sort of soft select edit mode to them, so when I move one bone it moves the ones around it within a given area?

I have an IK bone setup for the end of each tentacle but that only works for so much - sometimes I need the tentacle to bend the other way and an IK post bone makes it suddenly flip direction rather than gradually move.

• Nano Pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok finally finished this little project - quick overview is that I really enjoyed it.

The outputted video can be seen on my artstation - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Nx9xdJ