Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

colt 1903 feedback

hassansheded
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
hassansheded polycounter lvl 7
this is my first game model so i would really appreciate some feedback especially on the texture and lightingpart, my main issue is that the textures looked different in marmoset than substance painter, in marmoset colors looked darker, the texture it self looked like smudges and i couldn't make it work the way i wanted, the model and textures are available in this link if someone had the time to check the model
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N12AFoo9p2qp_mOZ74et1RVoZBRCDEK2?usp=sharing 

Replies

• Phoenix995
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 interpolator
    Looks pretty good!
    All i would say at this stage is, look at some reference for the texturing. Where exactly does weathering appear on thoes ref pics. Also it looks a bit monotone, maybe you can add very subtil gradients so the different pieces look a bit different. 
    cheers!
  • hassansheded
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks pretty good!
    All i would say at this stage is, look at some reference for the texturing. Where exactly does weathering appear on thoes ref pics. Also it looks a bit monotone, maybe you can add very subtil gradients so the different pieces look a bit different. 
    cheers!
    thank you very much
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    At a glance seems proportionally accurate though I'm not sure about the blue base color, is that supposed too convey a 'bluing' steel effect? plus the grips have a kind of metallic gloss? when vintage 1903 stocks were either made out of mother-of-pearl, American walnut, ivory or (black grips) hardened rubber .

Otherwise nice job, for a first attempt.
  • hassansheded
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi said:
    At a glance seems proportionally accurate though I'm not sure about the blue base color, is that supposed too convey a 'bluing' steel effect? plus the grips have a kind of metallic gloss? when vintage 1903 stocks were either made out of mother-of-pearl, American walnut, ivory or (black grips) hardened rubber .

Otherwise nice job, for a first attempt.
    this was my main reference, now that you have said it, i realize that the plastic in my model looks very shiny and the bluing was a bit uniform than it should be, i really appreciate your feedback