Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Marcus S

marcstigall
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
marcstigall polycounter lvl 2
Welcome to my first-ever thread on Polycount. I'm very excited to get started on creating content to show how I will grow in the field of computer graphics. A little about myself I am a full-time student at Full Sail University, working towards a bachelor of science in computer animation. I'm hoping to use this thread as a means of training outside of school as well as a portfolio. I've been reading this thread for the past few weeks and have learned so much from it. This community seems pretty amazing!

Replies

• marcstigall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I saw this picture on social media. I don't know who the artist is but I will find out. This picture blends two cartoons that I love, Naruto and Spongebob. I want to recreate this in 3D. It'll be my most ambitious personal project ever so wish me luck on this journey. The first step of course is gathering references and blocking out the forms. 

• marcstigall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've begun the block out phase of my project 

Patrick's body is just simple low poly primitives. The rib cage is one NURBS curve converted to mesh. I tried to use the simple deform modifier to bend a cylinder but it wasn't working for some reason. This method gave me the desired look so I was happy. 
  • marcstigall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

This past week I have been feeling a bit motivated. This is something I attempted, to understand sub d modeling. I'm truly proud of this. The thing I had to wrap my head around was creating the outer plates. Just a plane subdivided accordingly to create the shape then extruded. Non-manifold geo is present and I don't know how to clean it up properly at the moment.

• marcstigall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Morning Modeling