Home Marmoset

Need Help for Emissive and Opacity map

Hello, i post a message here, because i deeply need help for a marmoset presentation project. 

For the last couples of months, i finished the modeling of the Eotech L3 holographic scope. I'm pretty satisfied with my final result that i present you here : 

Front view

Perspective view

Left view

Perspective view :

The red sight is an emissive material, which is put behind a glass material with some roughness as you can see here.

I export all my maps sets from Substance Painter, and then i prepare a scene. And here came my problem. I have an opacity map, a height, an emmissive, a normal, etc. 

I post here my opacity map (for the glass part) and my emissive map (the red sight part) as Substance Painter exported them. 

And then i prepared my marmoset toolbag 3 scene, as you can see here. And here is my problem : My model do not look like it appear in Substance Painter. 

But ... How can i make the final result to appear in marmoset, like it's showed by Substance Painter ? 

(I mean that i want to see the red sight, and the glass with roughness in marmoset exactly like it's being displayed in my substance painter project, right above)

I'm a very newbie, so i deeply need some good help. I will be wait for your answers before practicing some black magic rituals with cats and baby sacrifice ^^ !

I wish you all an excellent day !

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently "Use Albedo Alpha" is enabled, which means the dithered transparency effect is trying to pull the mask from the albedo map's alpha channel. If you disable that, your mask should show up.

For a glass effective you probably want to use refraction rather than dither though, so change the transparency model from dither to refraction, and load your mask there. There are some additional settings for glassy surfaces there.

For emissive, it looks like the color got set to black, which will nuke your map. Set that to white and it should be visbile.
  • Tokushima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently "Use Albedo Alpha" is enabled, which means the dithered transparency effect is trying to pull the mask from the albedo map's alpha channel. If you disable that, your mask should show up.

For a glass effective you probably want to use refraction rather than dither though, so change the transparency model from dither to refraction, and load your mask there. There are some additional settings for glassy surfaces there.

For emissive, it looks like the color got set to black, which will nuke your map. Set that to white and it should be visbile.
    By " loading your mask there " what do you exactly mean ? Should i put my Opacity map in Mask ? 
  • Tokushima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did exactly what you recommanded. I put my opacity map in Mask and Caustic, and turn the color set to white for emissive.

But then, i have some noise on my glass, i don't see the roughness break up, and i don't see the red emissive sight either. 
  • Tokushima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How i found the solution with your advices ! Thank you very much :) !