Home Adobe Substance

Substance Designer tweak versions/ snapshots?

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
Does  anyone know a solution to make SD versions/ snapshots?   I constantly have a situation  when I tweak something and  it get worse   ( better is enemy of good  ha-ha)   Now I can't return  to good stage because of out of undo .   

is it possible to simulate  kind of  photoshop styled  snapshots  other than save a new file each time  you think it's worth it?

Replies

• Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    you could copy/paste your sub-graph then go crazy editing and if you dont like it you have the backup copy. There could be some auto-save stuff too
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    you could copy/paste your sub-graph then go crazy editing and if you dont like it you have the backup copy. There could be some auto-save stuff too

Thanks. Clark , It's an option for sure.    Although in my  own kind of graphs  I couldn't understand anything a month or two after  I am afraid it wouldn't help much.
      I am  missing  Photoshop ability to make snapshots .     Auto save is never working for me BTW. 

There are so many  things  they could do to make SD artist friendly   and for some uncertain reason they never listened.

ps    Well , I am not completely right.   They  finally made bypass people asked  gazillion times since the beginning.   I  gave up around  SD v5  and now it's a nice surprice  :)