Home Technical Talk

Photoshop - Layers Preview box showing weird warm hue adjustment over actual colors in file

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Method14253 polycounter lvl 3
Photoshop layer preview is giving me a distorted and incorrect preview of my layer, adding a slight warmness to the actual image in the preview box. I can not find anything about this online, help!!!

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Maybe you have View/proof colors on with some weird setup .  It could make such difference  when those previews show you actual color  and  your document shows what's going to be printed.       

Also there might be a possibility that your monitor profile is off  a bit.   I am not 100% sure  it's my guess only but I think Photoshop might be omitting color management for those layers previews  for a sake of speed or something   while in your document  it always corrects  the colors through its color engine based on your monitor profile.    ( make sure you don't have your monitor profile as your "working" one)

So it might be a sign your monitor profile needs updating / re-building.    Unfortunately it also doesn't grant  you perfectly right  colors.  if your monitor is  too old and loosing intensity and more importantly your profiler/ color calibrator is old too it may be  causing issues.   I recall my old colorimeter/calibrator  had its blue  sensor  getting blind gradually and I started to get similar quirks.
    Try to re-calibrate  2-3 times. 
  • Method14253
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Method14253 polycounter lvl 3
    I had my IT department look at it, it was a technical problem. I recommend if someone here is looking at this to contact your IT and they should be able to figure it out.