Home Marmoset

Help with eye rendering

Lucapleo
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Lucapleo polycounter lvl 4
Hello guys, how are you doing? 

I am currently trying to render eyes in Marmoset 4 and it is comepletely different than previous versions. I have read a bit about the subject and I understand that I need to render it in "Transmission" and not Transparency, but I still get some weird results. It's like the Translucent meshes have a black outline, almost as if there was a toon shader aplied. I have turned off the "Cast Shadows", because I had some weird results, but I seem to be stuck. I attach the render, so that you can see the black outline, and also the shader settings. 

Thank you in advance.   

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When using refraction, the sky will be visible in the refracted result. If you go to the sky object and change the Mode from Ambient to Sky, this should make more sense.

If you increase the Index of Refraction, you should no longer see the sky through the mesh. Water has an IOR of 1.333, so that should be a good setting for the wet layer around the eye.

Using a copy of the eye mesh with matching geometry may help reduce this sort of effect as well.
  • Lucapleo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much! It makes much more sense now. 
  • Lucapleo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem I am having with that is that it looks like the material is emissive. It has a lot of light. Is that normal?