Home Marmoset

Baking roughness from mesh to texture

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Moltar polycounter lvl 7
Hi there, I have run into a bit of an issue in Marmoset 3/4 which I have not been able to solve, nor can I find anything useful online to guide me.  So, save me Polycount, you're my only hope.

I am creating sprites and have successfully baked the MET, (mesh)NRM, AO etc onto a flat plane, it all looks great except for the Roughness (RGS) values, they won't transfer to the texture - All Marm can bake is an alpha with padding.  Can anyone show me how to transfer the RGS values correctly? Thank you.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar said:
    Hi there, I have run into a bit of an issue in Marmoset 3/4 which I have not been able to solve, nor can I find anything useful online to guide me.  So, save me Polycount, you're my only hope.

I am creating sprites and have successfully baked the MET, (mesh)NRM, AO etc onto a flat plane, it all looks great except for the Roughness (RGS) values, they won't transfer to the texture - All Marm can bake is an alpha with padding.  Can anyone show me how to transfer the RGS values correctly? Thank you.
    I just tested baking a roughness map here and was not able to reproduce this issue. Can you tell me more about the problem?