Home Technical Talk

Peculiar ZBrush problem with custom menu

wilson66
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
wilson66 polycounter lvl 8
I have a peculiar problem with ZBrush, kept happening in the last major version of it, and happens in the newest version 2021.5 as well.

I have a custom menu/ floating window that appears at the cursor location when I hit a keyboard shortcut. 

Quite often, ZBrush will simply 'forget' to load that custom menu. I open up ZBrush, open some project, want to start working, press the hotkey assigned to the menu, just to realize that the hotkey doesn't do as expected, because ZBrush did not load the custom menu at all.

I need to close down ZBrush (without doing anything else), start it again, and voila, there is the menu (at least most of the time). 

Did anyone else experience this? Hotkeys and Config are stored. The menu was originally created in an older version of ZBrush (like 2018 I think), but loads fine into 2021.5. Apart from the fact that ZBrush 'forgets' to load the menu every second time I boot up the application. Might have something to do with that of course.

I might just have to re-create the menu in each new ZBrush version, or it might have some other reason why it doesn't load. Any ideas?