Home Marmoset

How is texturing in Marmoset 4?

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
vs   SPainter , 3dcoat  , Mari , Quixel  mixer   etc? 

I don't care about  UDIM  ,   reprojection ,  non-destructive painting  since I never  been in need of this on uniquely UVed models .

I care more about  being a  convenient  tool  in general . easy to control and masking ,     With a layer stack not turning into a puzzle with your own files you did just a week ago.      With simple and convenient  projection gizmo.     With convenient navigation  allowing to paint  on a super long  objects  rotation around a point of interest  like zbrush?       In a word simple and efficient  ?

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    How can I paint on a long object?   A 20 m piece of fence  for example  with posts, fence net, wires ?    Is there a way to make the camera rotating around  certain post you currently painting ?       I have similar issues in SPainter and in lesser way in 3dcoat.    Only Zbrush is  perfectly ok .

ps. I really like normal map baking but why there is no "fill" button for skew factor?   or some import  so I could generate a mask in substance designer around hard edges?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop said:
    How can I paint on a long object?   A 20 m piece of fence  for example  with posts, fence net, wires ?    Is there a way to make the camera rotating around  certain post you currently painting ?       I have similar issues in SPainter and in lesser way in 3dcoat.    Only Zbrush is  perfectly ok .

ps. I really like normal map baking but why there is no "fill" button for skew factor?   or some import  so I could generate a mask in substance designer around hard edges?
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll add these to our suggestion list. Currently, it is not possible to rotate around the brush point.

Navigation hotkeys:
    • Alt+LMB = orbit camera
    • Alt+MMB = pan camera
    • Alt+RMB = zoom camera
    • Alt+W,A,S,D = move FPS style
    • Alt+Q,E = move up/down
    • Ctrl+F = frame selected object
    • Ctrl+Shift+F = frame scene 
    You can find more hotkeys here: https://marmoset.co/posts/toolbag-hotkey-guide/
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter

I actually found a nice suggestion on youtube of using  a turned off omni light  as a camera focus point ,   but it's not very convenient also. Would be nice to have something like Blender cursor  you could snap to some place and rotate  the view around