Home Technical Talk

FBX issue with file from Blender to Substance Painter

Wolfer
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Wolfer polycounter lvl 7
Hi there so i have this object in blender that i exported, it looks fine in the render and first image shows it in blender how it looks. 
now when i export it to substance painter i get this strange face issue on it as shown here.

you can see it has that face cover over it, why is it doing that. i checked the uv and it doesn't show that and i made sure to apply my rotation and scale. I also tried to put it in unity and it does not have this issue in unity so it does not show in Unity.

Replies

• CheeseOnToast
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Is that face made of triangles and quads only? Or is it an n-gon?
  • Wolfer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wolfer polycounter lvl 7
    Thats the thing, that face just appears in substance painter, the one that cover the shelves, it doesn't appear in blender. however i notice something, i notice that i had it where my desk and the items on the cabinet were seperate item so when i export the cabinet by itself it doesn't have it, but when i join the items as one and even though the items have a sperate material, that is when the issues happens.
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Triangulate everything before export

If that doesn't help, export the mesh from painter and look at it in blender - that will help you identify the problem area
  • Wolfer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wolfer polycounter lvl 7
    Yes that is actually what the problem was. someone from substance painter told me to make the object be a triangulation as substance painter doesn't do well with n-gon so need to triagulate it