Home Marmoset

Baking Issue with Bolts (Beginner Question/Problem)

towser
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
towser polycounter lvl 3
Hi - I have tried finding a solution to this so apologies if one is out there - I'm sure it is - but I couldn't find it.

Anyway with that out of the way I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of where I'm going wrong with my bake. I'm following along with a Submarine Corridor tutorial and got to the baking part of it. When I follow along step by step my bolts on my pipes turn out with the weird artifacting you see in the screenshot.

I've checked the cage and that looks fine.

The skew looks OK and in fact painting the skew makes it worse.

My UVs are fine in Blender - from what I can tell. I have overlapped the UVs for the bolts as I don't mind all the bolts on my pipes being identical - they also all occupy the exact same UV space.

At a real loss as to what this could be - any help/advice/tips/suggestions massively appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

This is the positioning of the High/Low polys - so they're pretty close.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it looks like one section of the bolt(s) have been rotated. Since you're overlapping uvs here, if you rotate that front section of the bolt but not the rear section, it will no longer line up with the bake
  • towser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    towser polycounter lvl 3
    Hi - thank you for your reply. Apologies for the lateness of this reply!

I managed to solve it. The bolts were exactly in the same place but with a combination of making the cage a bit bigger and painting the skew I managed to fix it. Thank you once again for your reply/tips/advice. :-)