Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [UE4] Southern Chinese Garden Environment

node
Offline / Send Message
Pixenal node
Started working on a realtime Chinese garden environment based on the those found in southern China, with the Shanghai based Yu Garden being the largest reference in particular (the environment is also intended to be located around Shanghai).

Just in the blocking out/ concepting stage currently. I should also note that I thought it might be best to mostly hold off on concepting foliage until after the majority of the rock and architectural elements are completed (in terms of being completed in engine rather than completed in the blockout/ concepting stage), with some exceptions for specific areas, as I thought it would be better to be able to see how the foliage looks against textured/ detailed rocks while designing said foliage. This is why there is a lack of, or at least very rough depictions of, greenery in the blockout and concept for the most part.

(Still have a lot of improving to do as far as my 2D painting skills go, should also note that there's some small photobashed elements in the 2D concept)