Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Semi realistic character

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi everyone :), this is my first time trying to create a semi realistic character in my free time, wanting to get this project through til the end to improve my workflow, looking for critiques and feedbacks on all the things i can improve on. This is the concept that i found from Junq Jeon that i really liked:

Replies

• JadeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is what iv got so far:

Still deciding on a pose, i tried the pose like the concept and resculpted the muscles, still not sure how to approach the final render since i havent done this kind of stuff, i only work with low poly and baking at work for games.
  • Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Solid start, looking forward to see your textures :)

In terms of posing, autorigging and then your usual gameart workflow is not an option?

• JadeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks !

Yeah i was thinking of doing the pose like the concept and then resculpt some part especially the right arm pit but then i'll have to redo the texture/baking if i plan to use the low poly body which is not an issue since i actually UV'd the body asymetrically, the issue im having right now is the fist, im planning to resculpt the fists too when i pose the hands, but then if i want to do bake it its going to be a disaster isnt it. I suppose if i want the pose to have a good looking sculpted fists i would just use the high poly in the final render? Sorry im gettin alittle bit confused with the workflow!

I guess if i want to show wireframes at the end then i wont need to resculpt those fists
  • JadeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Didnt have alot of free time as of late, though i did manage to roughly pose her the way i wanted, there are things i'd like to resculpt and reshape but still some small progress :)
  • JadeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Short progress with the textures im doing with the head, been quite busy so making progress slowly :)
  • JadeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made abit more progress with my free time this week, not done with the texture but it should be generally how shes going to look

Stil debating if i should make some straps around places like her shoulders/armpit so the shoulderpads look more natural up there
  • Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    Looks really good. In the fullbody shots, the head looks smaller than the reference. Also I think your lighting is playing tricks, because up close her face looks good, but far way it looks featureless.
  • JadeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I actually made the head quite big in the begining, but then when i put on the hair, she looked kind of sort so i played abit with the proportions :D I'll double check when i get home.

And yeah i guess the light is abit direct perhaps i could try to get some shadows at the nose bridge area, im still playing with the lightning :)

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!
  • JadeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im gona call it done now, Not 100% satisfied with a few things but im glad i atleast get it to when i can call it finished, learnt alot of things to refine my workflow for the next project :D