Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - UE4 - Female Samurai

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AndresCasta interpolator
Hi!
Since the announcement of Ghost of Tsushima many months ago, I wanted to create my own samurai character.
I started working on this character a few months ago dedicating time to work on this mostly on weekends. My endgoal is to have a realistic character running in realtime (UE4) appliying what I learned by working in a studio for the last year and a half.
I'm not working with a concept so most of the design choices are try and error (offcourse using a lot of references in way)
Actual state:

Thanks for reading.  ;)

Replies

• AndresCasta
    Offline / Send Message
    AndresCasta interpolator
    Here is a closeup of the head. It took me a while at the beginning because I wanted to get that asian features to it. By the way everything was sculpted from the scratch no base mesh involved.

After I got the head I moved into blocking the hair. I did different versions but at the end I choose this one. I liked because the different shapes and forms making it more challenging and also breaking the silhouette with the llose hair clumps.  

• AndresCasta
    Offline / Send Message
    AndresCasta interpolator
    This is the body sculpt, Even when most of it is going to be covered I wanted to take the chance to practice my anatomy

• AndresCasta
    Offline / Send Message
    AndresCasta interpolator
    Ok, so once I worked on the body I could move into the outfit. It was a lot of try an error. At some point I even try to put some armor on her but I ended up with the core design. The clothing was made in marvelous and quickly put into zbrush. I will attach some images from marvelous for those interested in the patterns I used.

At the end I didn't aim for getting everything clean and perfect in Marvelous. I worked on each piece separated and then adjusted them in Zbrush. Also, this is just for the rough version, once I'm happy with the simulation I got from marvelous and checked is working good with my design I clean the pieces in Maya to get even topology.