Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Magic House - Stylized Environment Diorama

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
tohtori polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone! I wanted to share my recent project with you. I wanted to improve my modeling/texturing/ue4/foliage/younameit skills so I made this little fantasy environment diorama based on a concept by Ann Kondrat.

It is basically all low poly modeling using trims and other textures. Rocks are obviously done using sculpting. It was my first time creating a whole environment piece instead of single asset tests that I never show anywhere. My main focus here was the house itself but I also wanted to add some ground and foliage as well.

I made the skydome myself along with the clouds, I think those added a lot of life to the scene. This was also the first time I managed to create trees that I am happy with.

I had some issues with the grass, It looks rather weird and I had difficulties making it look how I wanted. I also think the ground could have been done better. more detail could have been added on the floating rock pieces since they look rather smooth right now. All in all it was a fun project to work on, I learned a lot and I cannot wait to use that knowledge in my future projects!

Finally, I'd hope to hear what you think of it and if something that could be improved catches your eye, be sure to let me know.

Please, check out more pictures on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Aq9V0z

Cheers!

Replies