@Łukasz and @Donato Thanks for the suggestions! The links you gave me didn't seem to work in my situation, so I posted this question on the Unreal forums as well and they told me that this is a problem with baking lightmaps on multiple cores. They said a fix is coming in 4.26, and they gave a few workarounds, but the only one that really seemed to work in this situation is making the entire house one mesh and joining all the pieces, which would raise the poly count of the house by a decent amount. With the end of August coming quickly, I decided to switch over to Unity, since I have way more experienced in it, and will have to continue trying to learn Unreal in my next project.
I've got most the objects and textures exported over to unity, and began adjusting the lighting and post processing effects to try and get a good sense of how it is going to look in unity. The grass texture is just a standin, as is the skybox, until I have time to find ones that work better for the scene.
I also built a bush.
Hey everyone, here is my take on the Prop modeling challenge,
I do like how this is coming along so far. and noticing a lot of details I can fix already.
Using Rhino 3D for the modeling and hope to get it into Unreal soon.
Donato said:@Łukasz Your animation is spectacular. I love the atmosphere and the effect of the rain falling from the roof (how did you do that?)
So here is
my submission. Like the last time I contributed to one of these challenges 2
years ago I tried to create a retro feeling scene. All the textures are
low-resolution on purpose except for the normal maps.
Blender for the first time. UV’ing was very difficult in the beginning, but
eventually I got used to it
I had difficulties
making sure that the pixel density was consistent over all the models. The way
I went about it was that I made one huge object that basically was the entire
scene. Then after that I UV’d the whole scene and separated the huge model into
Next challenge I’m going to use the pixel density tool that comes with TexTools
a light to decent 6/10 on my submission, but I think armed with the knowledge I
learned from this project the next one will turn out better.