Home Technical Talk

Green dots, non manifold geometry

pppamela
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
pppamela polycounter lvl 2
Hi there, 
I am having the worst time trying to figure out how to fix or remove green dots from my model. After running cleanup these dots appear on my object which I assume have something to do with uv's but I have no idea how to get rid of them. Please heeeeelp

Ive attached the file below 

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also naming the software in your thread title is helpful.

Sometimes old selections can sneak into what Maya's Cleanup shows you, very annoying. Personally, I go through each component type and clear the selections before running it on particularly problematic polygons. Also clear your construction history before running it again. I can't tell from the screenshot what exactly the problem is, except for probably nonmanifold UVs. If you're still modeling and haven't done any UV work yet, I'd suggest deleting the UVs and remaking them later when you're ready, or simply allow Cleanup to fix those for you.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    green dot indicate vertex that is a problem.

usually i use cleanup tool like this: run it with select problems only (not cleanup automatically)
    convert selection to faces
    isolate selection
    smooth mesh preview (this exposes hidden duplicated verts, delete them as needed)
    if there is still a problem cleanup tool is pointing to, just delete the entire face and replace with fill hole (if model already has UV's fill hole is nicer than bridge because it doesnt create new UV's)