Home Technical Talk

How do i know that it has to many Triangles?

Hello,

I'm always confused from where I should know if a Prop i modelled have too many Triangles i would appreciate every answer
Thank you for your help!

Greetings,
Ryan

Replies

• Tiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Hi padican,
    It always depends of your target platform and your goal. For a game character and game assets you need to care for performance and poly count. For a still you might not. It's also a thing of personal experience. In my experience you will automatically use fewer geometry the longer you model. Goes faster, is easier to model, the topology is easier to judge.

As a rule of thumb, if a face does not add to the silhouette or the shading, then chances are that this face is not needed.
    Kind regards
    Tiles
  • padican491
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles said:
    Hi padican,
    It always depends of your target platform and your goal. For a game character and game assets you need to care for performance and poly count. For a still you might not. It's also a thing of personal experience. In my experience you will automatically use fewer geometry the longer you model. Goes faster, is easier to model, the topology is easier to judge.

As a rule of thumb, if a face does not add to the silhouette or the shading, then chances are that this face is not needed.
    Kind regards
    Tiles
    Thanks for your answer and your Time!
  • Eric Chadwick