Home Technical Talk

Retopolgy software suggestions?

I've over the last few years focused pretty heavily on sculpting in ZBrush and only recently decided I want to start retopologizing my models for game usage, but I'm having trouble finding a software that really meets my needs.
Generally I use blender for polymodeling, but for topology I find it lacking, specifically not having tools like smoothing; what software do you guys use? I'm willing to pay for software, or learn something entirely new, I just want to have an efficient and reasonable workflow with a good selection of tools. Thanks!  :)

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    I would go with Topogun. 
  • Fletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fletcher polycounter lvl 11
    Few years ago I was using 3dCoat for retopology 3d scans. It was quite fast back then and I had almost no performance issues. Plus I could paint on HP scanned textures and fix bugs very quickly which was nice addition to retopology features. 
    I belive there are some Blender addons for retopology that some people use.
    And finally yes, go see Topogun. :D
  • Arkhelaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu said:
    I would go with Topogun. 
    Gotcha, I will try it out! I tried out 3dCoat and didn't quite jive with the ui, but topogun I have yet to mess with.
    Fletcher said:
    Few years ago I was using 3dCoat for retopology 3d scans. It was quite fast back then and I had almost no performance issues. Plus I could paint on HP scanned textures and fix bugs very quickly which was nice addition to retopology features. 
    I belive there are some Blender addons for retopology that some people use.
    And finally yes, go see Topogun. :D
    Yeah, I've tried out retopoflow for blender but the performance since 2.8 has gotten pretty shaky. I appreciate the suggestions, I will def give topogun a try!