Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback For My College Work

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hey guys,

This is my first post on Polycount.

I have recently created a 3D diorama of one of the bridges shown in the anime 'A Silent Voice', although I have to admit that it was a little rushed due to the deadline I was given.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on how I could improve on my diorama later on in my spare time and the good and bad of what the scene as it is.

Thank you for your time.

(I am aware that the pictures are small but my scene has broken and will not allow me to add lights to render properly, so until I find out what the problem is these will have to do. Sorry for the inconvenience)

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey! Here's some crit;

- Your tree is suuuuuper thick at the bottom, and it's not a tall tree. This might work for stylized, but your scene doesn't look stylized atm.
    - Since you have a bright pink tree, it would be good to contrast that out with some opposing colour (such as yellow), or use any sort of colour theory to make your scene have a more artistic eye.
    - Your path and your fences are eye-leading aspects of the scene, and right now, they're leading my eyes off the scene. I would think about how you want people's eyes to traverse your scenes.

I of course cannot give any crit towards quality of modeling due to the small images. Best of luck moving forward!
  • SharissaRG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Here's some crit;

- Your tree is suuuuuper thick at the bottom, and it's not a tall tree. This might work for stylized, but your scene doesn't look stylized atm.
    - Since you have a bright pink tree, it would be good to contrast that out with some opposing colour (such as yellow), or use any sort of colour theory to make your scene have a more artistic eye.
    - Your path and your fences are eye-leading aspects of the scene, and right now, they're leading my eyes off the scene. I would think about how you want people's eyes to traverse your scenes.

I of course cannot give any crit towards quality of modeling due to the small images. Best of luck moving forward!
    Thank you for the feedback!

i'll be sure to fix these problems when I have the time to work on the scene again and hopefully the next time you see me post it'll look way better :)

Ill take proper renders next time!