Home Unreal Engine

Static light spec issue

djb101
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
djb101 polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys, I've been having this problem for a while now and can't find anything on the topic. I have a scene set up with reflection spheres and they all should work properly. They all have a brightness of 1. All the standard stuff. I have a big issue with how the reflection captures react with my lights. For some reason, even a default static spot light with nothing changed still comes out really bad after the bake. (reflections are way too bright from a low camera angle). But then stationary lights are okay... Please help :(

Replies

• Kligan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kligan polycounter lvl 6
    Not enough information on the issue. What exactly is "bad"? What is the expected result? 
  • djb101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    djb101 polycounter lvl 4
    Kligan said:
    Not enough information on the issue. What exactly is "bad"? What is the expected result? 
    I mean the bright reflection that's projected from the spotlight. It only happens as the camera gets closer to ground level. The last image is more of what you would expect it to look like.
  • Kligan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kligan polycounter lvl 6
    Reflection spheres capture reflection from their location. They do not give you perfect reflections, it's more so to give the scene an illusion of realism, while not having much of an impact on performance.
    If you want correct reflections you need to use planar reflection. But it has substantially more impact on performance.
    Also, your scene has waaaaay too many reflection spheres. As they overlap and you move the camera around, reflections on surfaces will smudge and appear out of focus. Try to use less reflection spheres with big radius.