Home Adobe Substance

Need some help figuring out whats causing this issue.

This is the image

What could be causing this error? Most of the mag has little issues. Could this mean i need to bump up the roundness of this cylinder so the bake is smoother or is this another issue?

Also some of those spokes i know are completely screwed up in the UVs. I forgot to do something im sure and its an easy fix.

Let me know if you need anything to help figure it out.

Replies

• zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    This very much appears to be an issue regarding segments on the cylinder or as you put roundness. Try baking it using a mid poly and then you can later go through and delete edge segments
  • rememba_da_name
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg said:
    This very much appears to be an issue regarding segments on the cylinder or as you put roundness. Try baking it using a mid poly and then you can later go through and delete edge segments
    So what youre saying to do is to add edge loops in between the black artifacts and then after the bake i can remove them? 
  • rememba_da_name
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay so i noticed when i tried to do what you asked the turbosmooth on the highpoly version shrinks the edges inward and leaves those points out. What can i do about that because i need to keep the mag somewhat low poly and adding those edge loops doesnt work. Only turbosmooth made the bake look right but only at level 3 turbo smooth which is millions of added lines.

• zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    so turbosmooth will always shrink because of its subdividing algorithm, not a whole lot of ways to get around that. You can ever so slightly scale it up in order to match that shrinkage which may alleviate it. See if you can try some of the processes in this video and see if those remedy it. If you could highlight which islands are the offending ones in your UV layout that helps as well.

• rememba_da_name
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man for the video! Im watching i just watched it. Ill try adding a turbosmooth level 1 and see how the bake is then replace the object with the old low poly in substance and let you know if it worked.