Home Adobe Substance

Substance help

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello , So I just started trying Substance painter for the first time and I am already having some issues...

first of all I am following this tutorial...

then I am trying to make a sword , I have made a low poly version retopologized, no ngons etc ... I actually baked the maps in xnormal but I wanted to learn Substance so ....

My low poly is split into 4 objects, fangs, main hilt part that is gold another main hilt part that is bone and another material part...

the high poly is one single model exported from zbrush...

I exported the low poly as fbx to follow the tutorial and loaded the obj of high poly ...

This are the errors I get... how can I fix those?

Thanks for any answer...

Yeh Blade is out of the couse I had other peoblems when I loaded also blade and other elements alltogether... SO its just the hilt...

Thanks for any answer.

my low poly has 4400 polygons

my high poly has 4.400 millions

Replies

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Ok apparently the error was a mismatched name in models .
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Ok I have a new Question ...

My original High poly model I lost the Z brush project I only have the high poly obj , so I dunno how to reimport in Zbrush and put in the exact world position ... but the other thingis that despite I want to have parts of the model in a material and others in another, the original model in zbrush is one single block without differentiated groups , in 3dsmax the low poly model instead is divided into those material groups , is there a way I can make work this in Substance too? Because I had problems when the single meshes differed or had different naming conventions and caused the hp version to not load, so if there is not a match between a mesh and another group in substance I suspect it won't load, am I right? Is there a way to fix this and do what I wanted  to ?
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Maybe ask the Substance question in the Substance section of these forums? Seems to me you can get more answers there :) 

https://polycount.com/categories/allegorithmics-substance
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Its not really clear what you are doing. Just a general check, GoZ is not the same as fbx export. So make a copy of your hipoly in zB then decimate the copy in stages to the lowest level before it collapses. Then export it as something like 2016 fbx from zB. Import that fbx into max an check the mesh sizes. To texture bake the hipoly and lowpoly have to be the same size and position for it to work.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Yeh but how I import the obj in zbrush to have the same position?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    NAIMA said:
    Yeh but how I import the obj in zbrush to have the same position?
    Ah, the thing to check are the sizes. So I would import the low rez copy of the zBrush hipoly into 3dmax and check its size against your 3dmax lowpoly. If you are still having trouble you could check a reimported fbx of the lowpoly as well.

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    thanks, I am having another urgent problem right now , my 2d image where I was painting disappeared ... dunno what I pressed but I can't see anymore the texture ... Any way to fix?

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Find the texture in your file explorer and drag and drop it into the texture category in the program.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    problem is I didn't do a texture , I was doing smart material and a mask , if I paint on the mask it still become visible in the 3d part but not on the 2d one .
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Sounds like not all your layers are visible or something in the layer settings. When you drag drop a texture into substance you have to specify if it will be there for all projects on a drop down list. Anyhow might be an idea to post your problem here in the substance section: https://polycount.com/categories/allegorithmics-substance