Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Male Anatomy Study - Seeking Feedback

Hi all,
I'm currently in the middle of my first realistic anatomy study and was hoping to gain some feedback on my progress so far. Ignoring the head and feet please let me know if anything bad/incorrect jumps out to you. I'd also be interested in hearing any tips, techniques or learning materials you may recommend. Currently I have been looking at tutorials by Rafael Grassetti and various reference images. 

Replies

• vavavoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
    Looking good so far~~

Only thing of concern right now is the pose form the side view.  He looks like he's gonna fall backwards.
    I'd recommend getting some some references to compare the side view pose before going ahead any further into detailing.

I hope it's ok to post this paintover gif another forum member made to help me a while back, It was super helpful
    ~~   I went through many iterations trying to nail a good pose, but I kept missing the mark.

I think the pose is similar to what your going for, so I think it maybe helpful to you also.

Sculpt WIP is mine, paintover GIF from @carvuliero (much thanks)

Also, this:
    Again from @carvuliero

His paintovers and notes were so helpful to learn and improve anatomy and pose, I really can't thank him enough for his time to help out~~

I hope it's ok to post his paintovers here to help out and share.

Yours is looking to be a good sculpt~~  Nice work :)
  • John_Greer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks @vavavoom for sharing both your advice and these paintovers, they will be very helpful as I continue learning :)
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    You can download daz3d for free. You can use that to make orthographic images to use in your 3d app.

• tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    Also, probably a weird note but his calfs look pretty huge/wide in comparison to the rest of his physique.