Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My First Real Environment (Need Critiques)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sakurasou2270 polycounter lvl 2
So this is my first real project and I think for the most part it looks decent. I feel like one of the things I could improve on is for sure lighting and making my scenes and my models look more "busy" if that makes sense. But overall what do you think and what tutorials/tips do you have??
also as a side note I was thinking of adding stairs or something to make the scene more interesting but what are your ideas??

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    look at some reference photos, add some props, avoid those sharp edges where the wall meets the ceiling, avoid really dark colors like the doors are almost pitch black, add some decals like cracks on the walls, break up the repetition (maybe make a ceiling light broken or a different color), add some subtle stains on the carpet, add a window at the end of the hallway, etc.
  • Dihemi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dihemi polycounter lvl 2
     and my models look more "busy" if that makes sense. But overall what do you think and what tutorials/tips do you have??

I think you still have to decide upon a narrative/purpose for your corridor, simply adding stairs won't make it that much interesting. Is this a hospital's hallway, a cinema's walkway or an abandoned hotel lobby? Do you want a horror atmosphere or some bright architectural visualization? In what time period has this being build? Etc, etc...

Once you've decided which direction you want to go you should collect some (preferably a lot) references fitting that direction. Doesn't have to be corridors only, just anything you'll think that will fit your scene: props like fire extinguishers or derelict classroom lockers and whatnot. More often than not looking at references will give you inspiration for additional props and details. Try to pin a central "mood" where you always can go back to if you're losing cohesion. Try finding something you really want to make and have fun doing so. : )
  • Sakurasou2270
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 Ok will do thx for the feedback!! I will for sure adding some more variation to the scene as well as more props

Thank you again Cheers :smile:
  • Sakurasou2270
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dihemi Thank you for for the input I am greatly appreciative of it and I will for sure work on the mood and making more props for the scene alongside gathering more ref images.

Thx again Cheers :+1: