Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: David Cruz

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

2d topic has the info, 4 the lazy: waiting on permission to make/take this further. inspired by: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rA218E

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

update, idk if i will continue it but maybe and it was fun, it probably took me longer than the inspirational piece, its in water+moss, shaking the barrel side to side is swiping action for axe and then forward thrusts is poking opponents. Changed the base so it just has to unwravel when it raises to expose the middle center giant trap. the "eyes" in the mask are just fleshed highlighted from the reflections from the metal. (I'd like to think anyway)

got remote c&c, fixed it to that.#2

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Not to spam but, might get back to the above, i wanted when it was September to try my hand at making weapons to expand on work in areas outside the comfort-zone... I made a few but this is the "coolest" out of the bunch i thought, idk if anyone has ever made one like this but i thought it was pretty neat, still figuring out the function of it all but the general idea is there.

just a very rough sketch:

trying to get the handle to be a hand so the user can grab it, I'll figure it out. oh for me todays the father aboves day to show him you care and speak and learn his words, till 7pm.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Just going to do what some cool kids do and post an art dump for once, just for myself to say i did it & posting things i missed out on posting even if they are meh, not to spam, guess giving others ideas is not bad, right? like the faith head.

i like the way the right one came out, was just fun all around there and not really caring, hmm.

KA concept stuff:

Spank the monkey, i blame the internet for this one:

you made"bby jzu's "cry so i drew it. another net inspired one.

one day i'll sort this one out^

moon blinked inspired from that movie

This is a scripture inspired one i have another ^

when i had a youtube the banner, is my name 2x's (head/body)

Using zhangs thumbnail to make the above, which is why i called it tag, since he moved on from this and i "took it over to create the above, I'll probably do more to my version but wanted to be "fair".

will do this one probably next, if i am allowed, really things happening in the world, can't say for sure, all i will say is whatever you put time and energy too, will probably happen since all of "consciousness", or the majority there of will influence it into existence if that makes sense. Art dump is a mix of old and new.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

might "sharpen this up but its not going anywhere...

Real-time STARS ! ? marmoset 3

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3qXkQY

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Basics of the 2d posts are, just to get a rough idea down that i can translate at some point (if i like it enough) to 3d, i get that i will probably never get to the point of equaling the quality and "beauty" of someone who only does 2D on the daily.

^ i thought of the twin headed snake, irl, idk if it really exists but this is what happen.

swordtember attempts ^, i like them all, probably because i made them, i couldn't figure out what to do with the musical one but i wanted to continue it but art blocked on that one..

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Just messing around i had done about "50%" of this before asking the artist and felt that i put in the effort and it doesn't stop them from creating it still so why not really.

is fun:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NGW981

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Made up a pretend challenge to make an excuse to create an old style game mesh in the influence of Q3A, you can join in if you want, i wanted to do it, challenge myself to do the most with the least, wanted to go higher but want it in the lowpoly thread.

old:

new:

W I P - VON b. will be done slowly. concept link

Up to rigging and posing on the mecha, i managed to get a lot of it in on the limit.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

ye,haw get a long little doggie.

unwrapped it all, 2048 for now, debating what the end results will be at, do not feel 2048 is a bad thing, can't really go with 1999 specs, but might do an img of standard 1999 resolutions.

wip diffuse stuff, this is probably a test even though i like it i want to try to get the most out of it so might play with processes to make it look the best at its current state, the stuff on the right is so that i can get behind areas and such, so an exploded version behind the mesh. using substance painter for all this, working out alright i guess for now, was going to use zbrush, eh either or, though i like the camera projection and angular stuff s.p. has for the circles to look better in viewports, so its working out.

Edit general topic continued:

"Not to bring it up but.. if what is being said about the injections is true and your dna is changed forever and if what the people who wrote books about the scriptures is true, i stumbled upon a lot of info that talks about returning here to experience a new life, if these are in anyway true and they OWN that dna code, they essentially own you and eventually if they got 70% of people injected you will eventually be BORN into a modified body through one of the injected families. It is very serious." no need to respond i wanted to inform those following the world atm and its current direction. That means they will be able to tell you what to do and when to do it.... maybe not right now but, they will conform this "world" to their b.s. and be able to enforce it, it is serious i know it sounds like b.s. but just look around.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Just updating the sketch thread, playing with "Innocent Primes", concept, idk dudes name to give proper credit, its a mystery profile?! any woozie, been playing with this and i really like how it is coming along and wanted to share it, deciding if i should go really elaborate with it or keep it simple, i also want it to be able to be customizable and take parts off like the middle, arms and half of the lower half. Any thoughts about it would be great, i was also going to add a hood but idk if it will make things more bulky, but thinking about it, it would hide more of the mechanical bits and sort of the issues with the backside being bulky/pointy from the exhausts, but then again they can also be turned more towards the floor, hmm.. things to think about. I really liked the rain coat or whatever so i want to make it.

for got 2 versions.-updated looks.

updated: that is it for today, 2 days to the creator then back to it again, enjoy loved playing around with this, took 1 day, yesterday till this post.

oh robots on hold.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

my own male version, also this is just me messing with stuff and things, i was rescalling to see what 9.5 heads looks like, i like it, took a bit of time to make.

sadly to combat the digital age i think smaller files sizes is the new way to go to deal with the b.s.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Made for artstation challenge concept artists version is in there also, i think did alright for such a concept.
    the knee joint needs to be worked out, it could also just pass for some sort of rubber, since it will 99% of the time move with all the arms.  The hat is my attempt at making it both a "jester" hat and paint brushes, didn't really use any references other than the concept artwork, the break down of what it is, is on an img on the thread, obviously more there.  Trying to figure out how to make the drape cloak work for the changes i made.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    update turnaround vid
    click
    lowbudget gif
    sry bout gif mod/hosts, but when are we going to get some sort of plug for artstation videos if we are going to continue to split the community to different sites?

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    from von blast thread

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    messing around with an idea for someones design made it to show them an idea they can do with their design that i immediately thought of, so i wanted to get it out and since i put a bit of time into it i thought i'd show it.
    Also testing post abilities:
    original author

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    & my stuff now: i like the head of #1 it has multi expressions look for eyes and teeth, i thought it was insanely creative.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    messing with this:

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Still w.i.p. but wanted to post: 3 months by the end of it.
    Plutonium Energy Blades! They shimmer/shine dark green to bright yellow, i found it neat.
    updated below "finished". :p

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    samples for imgs and videos increased to 256 from 128 - 12/13 "2023" - "final" check links for videos higher quality versions.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Haven't updated this so here is a sneaky (shhh) update to current project, not done, first full outfit in M.D. and i kind of love it for females.
    the design window, looks like many things, but a doggies face tongue out (Pomeranian), and a guy holding his arms up in a Y stance, totally not planned but hey when i saw it i was like awesome. (not done.) idk if i will take more "liberties" with the concept reference but it might have to change.