Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Sci-Fi Short Film Looking for 3D Modeler, Environmental Artist and Animator!

Hello! I am currently looking for someone who is excited to collaborate on a science fiction film! I am a writer and director in Los Angeles and I'm going to be directing an original short this year. The film is a romantic/sci-fi film that is both tearful and optimistic. Think UP meets Her with a dash of Ex Machina. This is an elevated film and I'm looking for a person or people with refined tastes, imagination and a diverse visual vocabulary. One person would be great or a small team would be fun too. If the films I just mentioned are your type of movies - awesome! But I'm open to all kinds of film and science fiction lovers :) 

The opening shot has to immediately establish the world in the same way Blade Runner or Children of Men's openings established those worlds. It takes place on a quiet, old world street in a big city (think Little Italy in NYC). Romantic, green, clean, and about 40 years in the future. We will shoot a real street but I need help making it look like a positive and gentle future. How weird right?? :D
Here's what I need:
1. A flying drone car. I have concept sketches (my background is in art and design). It will only be seen from below as it flies over.
2. Street Signs. I know exactly what kind I want. 
3. 1 or 2 other street bound futuristic cars. I have exact ideas of what kind of domestic, electric vehicles I want. We'll figure out the details together.
4. Possibly some background buildings - we can probably use Kitbash or someone else but I need a designer to help place them, etc.

If you think you can help please CONTACT ME! Even if you don't think you have all the skills or this sounds challenging, please submit - I promise I will be kind whether it's a yes or no! We're all learning here! 

There will be a small $ compensation, credit in the film and it will be entered in international film festivals and we will seek distribution. 

Replies

• Serzhik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serzhik polycounter lvl 2
    Hi.Maybe I can help if you still need.Would like to know more about it
  • FilmDirectorSciFi
    Hello! Thanks for reaching out. Nice viking house and props! The film is called FIRSTS and is about 2 lovable robots going on a first date. I'm hoping to shoot it later this year. If you did decide to come aboard, I think you might be really awesome at helping to flush out the opening shot (pictured above). Signs, maybe a future bicycle, just things to help make the world look legit. The financial compensation is coming all from my own pocket as this is a passion project. Please let me know if you're interested privately and I can answer any questions you might have! Thanks for your interest, it would be fun to work together! BTW, where are you from? Los Angeles here. :)
  • YeiBodmer_Skullmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YeiBodmer_Skullmer greentooth
    Hi! I want to participate, It sounds great I think I can help for this project, let me know if you still interested :):)
  • jmagi98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! Are you still looking for people? I am interested in working with you as a pipeline TD, if that is something you all are looking for!