Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] D&D Character Project

Replies

• Joseph_Bramlett
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph_Bramlett polycounter lvl 4
    @LokiDokie
    Thanks for the feedback! Radek's forward arm is meant to be commanding the floating sword. Its a thing in DnD called a Dancing Sword that he controls with magic more or less. I kind of want to add some magical effects visually connecting the two together but im not sure about that yet. Im with you on the left and from the feedback ive gotten so far the left seems to be the clear winner. You might even be able to tell that her armor was designed to be used with those weapons in the hands she is using them in the left image but the person who plays that character was interested in a version like that on the right so i wanted to see what people thought. 
  • Joseph_Bramlett
    Offline / Send Message
    So here is a small update for this project. Ive been working on tweaks for these characters recently and going through that list of changes i wanted to make a few post back. Ive since added to that list and have completed most of my items for these characters. I am at a point where i have them all rigged for final renders and am in the process of final look dev for them. I haven't gotten to far in that process but that's my next major and likely final task is nice renders and break downs of these characters for my portfolio. Their are still some clipping issues on certain spots and a few extra small items i want to implement but nothing crazy. I think with my lookdev i might go back to some textures and improve them to get better results but its mostly tweaking at this point. I still am considering doing some facial expressions as well, especially for sova as she is a more light hearted character. Any way ide love to hear your feedback on any aspect of this project. I am still planning to 3D print them as Minis but i will likely focus on that after they are finished for my portfolio and post the prints at a later date.

• Joseph_Bramlett
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, so i had to take some time off of this project for the last week or so due to personal things coming up so im not as far as I would have liked to be by now but it is what it is. I would really love feedback on Lighting for these guys. Im trying out a simple set up with basically a key, fill and some rim lights as well as an hdri for ambient light.  

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    For the tiefling, I think it would really benefit from some more embroidery on the jacket of a contrasting material to the jacket, and more extreme gradient hue/value changes in the albedo of the skin overall.

The skin read is reading monotone.  You've already got noise detail coming in from that left shoulder, might as well amp it up with more details on the jacket.

It's looking remarkable overall.

• Joseph_Bramlett
    Offline / Send Message
    I think their textured models are done for now. I appreciate all of the feedback ive gotten over here as it was very valuable to me while working on this project. I hope to take the advice given to me into the next project. I plan to make one more post in this thread when I have these characters 3D printed as Mini's. Hopefully that will be in the next few weeks. You can find full renders and breakdowns at my website. https://www.artstation.com/josephbramlett

• LokiDokie
    Offline / Send Message
    LokiDokie polycounter lvl 7
    This is awesome :) i love that you turned them into the character sheets :) am looking forward to the 3D prints 👍